bibformat=ibidem replaces everything?
Katrin Althans
2007-03-02 12:43:35 UTC
Hi!

I just found out that bibformat=ibidem does not only replace the
author's name in the bibliography, but everything following the name
as well, such as editor(s)name and -type. Is there any workaround for
this, as sometimes a person is the author of work 1, but the editor of
work 2, and omitting the ed. would be very misleading?

Here's an example:

\documentclass[12pt, oneside, a4paper, BCOR14.5mm, DIV12, headsepline,
normalheadings]{scrreprt}
\usepackage{mathptmx}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{graphicx,textcomp,booktabs,amsmath}
\usepackage[UKenglish]{babel}
\usepackage{jurabib}

\jurabibsetup{
authorformat={citationreversed,reducedifibidem,firstnotreversed},
citefull=first,
bibformat=ibidem,
}

\AddTo\bibsenglish{%
\def\editorname{\unskip,\space ed.}
}

\addto\jbonlyforbib{%
\renewcommand{\bibauthormultiple}{\textbf{The very same}: }
}

\begin{document}
\bibliographystyle{jurabib}
This is book 1\footcite{Mudrooroo1998}

This is book 2\footcite{Mudrooroo1999}

This is book 3\footcite{Mudrooroo2000}

\bibliography{test}
\end{document}

With the following bibtex-entries:

@BOOK{Mudrooroo2000,
title = {The Promised Land},
publisher = {Angus \& Robertson - HarperCollins},
year = {2000},
author = {Mudrooroo},
address = {Sydney}
}

@BOOK{Mudrooroo1998,
title = {The Undying},
publisher = {Angus \& Robertson - HarperCollins},
year = {1998},
author = {Mudrooroo},
address = {Sydney}
}

@BOOK{Mudrooroo1999,
title = {Underground},
publisher = {Angus \& Robertson - HarperCollins},
year = {1999},
editor = {Mudrooroo},
address = {Sydney}
}

I asked the same question in the German-Google de.comp.text.tex group
last week, but no-one had a solution, that's why I'm asking here as well.

Thanks a lot, Katrin

If you have a problem, please provide a complete minimal example document (with a small bibliography database), which runs out of he box without any superfluous packages loaded, otherwise we could not help.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com
mailto:jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com

jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Jens Berger
2007-03-03 17:17:52 UTC
Post by Katrin Althans
I just found out that bibformat=ibidem does not only replace the
author's name in the bibliography, but everything following the name
as well, such as editor(s)name and -type. Is there any workaround for
this, as sometimes a person is the author of work 1, but the editor of
work 2, and omitting the ed. would be very misleading?
Yes, this is a bug.
Post by Katrin Althans
\addto\jbonlyforbib{%
\renewcommand{\bibauthormultiple}{\textbf{The very same}: }
}
Please do not redefine \bibauthormultiple that way and try the recent
beta from the homepage.

This should work more correct, while editortype is not handled correct
yet. This is a major problem, which I'm not able to solve without
working several days on the code.

Jens

Something is new at Yahoo! Groups. Check out the enhanced email design.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kOt0.A/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM

Katrin Althans
2007-03-04 18:51:46 UTC
Post by Jens Berger
Post by Katrin Althans
\addto\jbonlyforbib{%
\renewcommand{\bibauthormultiple}{\textbf{The very same}: }
}
Please do not redefine \bibauthormultiple that way and try the recent
beta from the homepage.
Did that.
Post by Jens Berger
This should work more correct,
It does - in a way. I get my editor, but I think you forgot a couple
of things (or maybe they don't make sense anyway...)

What about the plural-forms (aus, eds; eds, eds) and more than one
author(s) (without any editor at all; au, au and aus, aus)? I tweaked
your \bibauthormultiple a little bit (starting in line 408), here it
is, maybe I got something wrong in the code, but it works for me:

\ifjbuseidemhrule
\bibidemhruleed\space\bibEIMfont{\editorsname}\bibansep{}% %--->first
entry is a plural author, subsequent entry a plural editor
\else
\bibibidfont{\bibidemSmname}\space\bibEIMfont{\editorsname}\bibansep{}%
\fi
}{%
\ifthenelse{\equal{\jb@@***@au@***@ed}{eds}%
\and\equal{\jb@@***@au@***@ed}{aus}%
}{%
\ifjbuseidemhrule
\bibidemhrule% %---->first entry is a plural editor, subsequent entry
a plural author
\else
\bibibidfont{\bibidemSmname}\bibansep{}%
\fi
}{%
\ifthenelse{\equal{\jb@@***@au@***@ed}{ed}% %--->was l. 410
\and\equal{\jb@@***@au@***@ed}{ed}%
}{%
\ifjbuseidemhrule
\bibidemhrule\space\bibEIMfont{\editorname}\bibansep{}% %--->at least
in MLA-style, you need to write down the editorname anyway, no matter
if the previous entry was an editor as well... (delete after
\bibidemhrule if you don't want to have that)
\else
\bibibidfont{\bibidemSmname}\bibansep{}%
\fi
}{% %--->added ll. 431-57
\ifthenelse{\equal{\jb@@***@au@***@ed}{eds}%
\and\equal{\jb@@***@au@***@ed}{eds}%
}{%
\ifjbuseidemhrule
\bibidemhrule\space\bibEIMfont{\editorsname}\bibansep{}% %----> if you
have a plural editor (cf. l. 427, again, delete if you think it's
redundant)
\else
\bibibidfont{\bibidemSmname}\bibansep{}%
\fi
}{% %----> ll. 441-57 are concerned with two or more successive
authors, both singular and plural
\ifthenelse{\equal{\jb@@***@au@***@ed}{au}%
\and\equal{\jb@@***@au@***@ed}{au}%
}{%
\ifjbuseidemhrule
\bibidemhrule%
\else
\bibibidfont{\bibidemSmname}\bibansep{}%
\fi
}{%
\ifthenelse{\equal{\jb@@***@au@***@ed}{aus}%
\and\equal{\jb@@***@au@***@ed}{aus}%
}{%
\ifjbuseidemhrule
\bibidemhrule%
\else
\bibibidfont{\bibidemSmname}\bibansep{}%
\fi
}{}%
}% %---->added a couple of }% to close everything correctly
}%
}%
}%
}%
}%
}%
}%
}%

I guess the code can't be copied directly due to my comments, but I
think the idea behind is clear enough.
Post by Jens Berger
while editortype is not handled correct yet. This is a major
problem, which I'm not able to solve without
working several days on the code.
Hm, you're going to freeze jurabib anyway, and I think you don't want
to work a couple of days on that problem. The dirtiest possibility
would be to get a pdf with correct footnotes, than change the author
itself to something like ---, editortype (or change the editorname to
something else) and get a pdf with correct bibliography, than use
freepdf and print out the correct pages of both documents, than join
them with freepdf... As for other output formats, I don't know.

Thanks anyway, now I at least get correct more-than-one-editor
outputs! Katrin

http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM

Jens Berger
2007-03-06 09:18:06 UTC
Post by Katrin Althans
What about the plural-forms (aus, eds; eds, eds) and more than one
author(s) (without any editor at all; au, au and aus, aus)? I tweaked
your \bibauthormultiple a little bit (starting in line 408), here it
[...]
Post by Katrin Althans
I guess the code can't be copied directly due to my comments, but I
think the idea behind is clear enough.
Please send me a example file with all possible variants and I will take
a closer look to that problem again.

Jens

Great things are happening at Yahoo! Groups. See the new email design.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/lOt0.A/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM

Katrin Althans