Multiple references in footnote/endnote
owenthomas1971
2006-10-31 12:22:22 UTC
When citing multiple references in footnotes/endnotes I would like to
refer to page ranges for each individual citation. If
\cite[74]{Author1974} refers to page 74 of Author1974's work how do I
refer in the same footnote/endnote to page 74 of Author1974's work and
page 150 of Author2005's work: \cite[74,150]{Author1974,Author2005}
does not work.

Is such multi-referencing possible in jurabib? Or do citations have to
be broken up into individual footnotes/endnotes?

Many thanks.

Owen

If you have a problem, please provide a complete minimal example document (with a small bibliography database), which runs out of he box without any superfluous packages loaded, otherwise we could not help.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com
mailto:jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com

jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Jens Berger
2006-10-31 13:14:07 UTC
Post by owenthomas1971
When citing multiple references in footnotes/endnotes I would like to
refer to page ranges for each individual citation. If
\cite[74]{Author1974} refers to page 74 of Author1974's work how do I
refer in the same footnote/endnote to page 74 of Author1974's work and
page 150 of Author2005's work: \cite[74,150]{Author1974,Author2005}
does not work.
This is correct.
Post by owenthomas1971
Is such multi-referencing possible in jurabib? Or do citations have to
be broken up into individual footnotes/endnotes?
As mentioned in the docs:

However, a combination of multiple citations should be provided as usual:
\footnote{\cite[S.~13--34]{brox:bgb}; \cite[S.~24]{canaris}.}

Jens
--
Die wenigsten, die nichts sagen, schweigen. www.jurabib.org

Owen Thomas
2006-10-31 21:40:03 UTC
Many thanks.

Owen
Post by owenthomas1971
Is such multi-referencing possible in jurabib? Or do citations have to
be broken up into individual footnotes/endnotes?
\footnote{\cite[S.~13--34]{brox:bgb}; \cite[S.~24]{canaris}.}
Jens
--
Die wenigsten, die nichts sagen, schweigen. www.jurabib.org
--
Owen Thomas
Adran y Gymraeg
Prifysgol Cymru
Llanbedr Pont Steffan
Ceredigion
SA48 7ED
01570 424864
Tom de Bruin
2006-10-31 13:49:29 UTC
Post by owenthomas1971
When citing multiple references in footnotes/endnotes I would like to
refer to page ranges for each individual citation. If
\cite[74]{Author1974} refers to page 74 of Author1974's work how do I
refer in the same footnote/endnote to page 74 of Author1974's work and
page 150 of Author2005's work: \cite[74,150]{Author1974,Author2005}
does not work.
Is such multi-referencing possible in jurabib? Or do citations have to
be broken up into individual footnotes/endnotes?
I assume that you want multiple citations in one footnote?
Would this solve your problem?
\footnote{\cite[74]{Author1974},\cite[150]{Author2005}}

Not the most elegant of solutions, but it works.

Owen Thomas