Lack of documentation
javabaliflores
2007-02-02 14:47:57 UTC
Dear Jens,

this really is a shame, but not on you.

The lack of a complete (or at least more complete than now)
documentation puts some restrictions to the jurabib-package. Besides
the official documentation, one has to search the forum and google and
doesnt even know the exact expression to look for -- and that for just
one package. For me, this really bugs me every time I want something I
cannot solve with the doc alone.

On the other hand, crying out loud "Jens, do it, do it now, this
situation sucks!" doesnt help, since without you there would be no
jurabib and it would not really be appropriate for open source-principles.

I think by now there must a be a lot of expertise -- just not
gathered, but isolated at (almost) every user of jurabib. How about
bringing them together, as a collaborativ (is that spelled right?)
writing, e.g. in a wiki? This would split the work into very small
pieces and could thus be more popular.

Just some thoughts.
Chris
And Carsten's hint for grepping all (?) the Commands within
jurabib.sty sounds very promising, I already saved the results for
further examination.
Yes, shame on me because of the bad or nonexistent comments of the
internal code.
jurabib has to be completely rewritten. But this could not be done
by me.
As mentioned already on the homepage, I will freeze jurabib this year.
All the best,
Jens

If you have a problem, please provide a complete minimal example document (with a small bibliography database), which runs out of he box without any superfluous packages loaded, otherwise we could not help.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com
mailto:jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com

jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Charles de Miramon
2007-02-05 11:35:35 UTC
Post by javabaliflores
[...]
There is a place on the LyX wiki for jurabib tips. You can use it if you
want to start reworking the documentation.

Cheers,
Charles
--
http://www.kde-france.org