bibformat = ibidem: switch off pagebreak test?
Andreas Pattar
2007-04-22 19:23:31 UTC

I've been using jurabib, and one of the options I use is
bibformat=ibidem.

It works perfectly fine.

Unfortunately, my publisher wants me to *not* make a difference if
there is a page break between two works of the same author. They want
it the following way:

Jayme, Erik: Un livre important [Rest of the entry].

<pagebreak>

--- Un autre livre, même plus important [Rest of the entry].

Is there an easy way to switch the pagebreak-test off or to make it
believe, there hadn't been a pagebreak?

As this is the very last thing my publisher wants me to change, I
don't want to change my whole document for that. So, the solution
could also be a very, very dirty hack, even up to writing something
into the *.bbl-file by hand.

Thank you for your help

Andreas Pattar
***@web.de

If you have a problem, please provide a complete minimal example document (with a small bibliography database), which runs out of he box without any superfluous packages loaded, otherwise we could not help.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com
mailto:jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com

jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Andreas Pattar
2007-04-22 20:15:33 UTC
Problem solved, sorry to have bothered you.

Just after having posted my question, the solution -- redefine
\jbdoitem to my very special needs in the preamble of my main
*.tex-file between \makeatletter and \makeatother and cut out the
unnecessary page test -- suddenly struck me...

And it works as I expect it to do.

Sorry once again for having bothered you all,

Happy TeXing,

Andreas Pattar
Hi,

Tom de Bruin
2007-04-25 17:27:05 UTC
Post by Andreas Pattar
Problem solved, sorry to have bothered you.
Just after having posted my question, the solution -- redefine
\jbdoitem to my very special needs in the preamble of my main
*.tex-file between \makeatletter and \makeatother and cut out the
unnecessary page test -- suddenly struck me...
Can you maybe post the code for this? I need to solve the same issue.

Thanks!

Andreas Pattar
2007-04-26 21:10:23 UTC
Hi Tom!

The description of your problem a few days ago seemed to me to be the
exact opposite to my problem. Didn't it disappear when you had several
(the manual says up to 4) latex-runs?

I post you the insertion I made to my preamble anyway. The insertion has
to come in the preamble somewhere after
\usepackage[bibformat=ibidem]{jurabib}. It definitely isn't elegant, as
I didn't touch the definitions for options I don't use. I didn't delete
the page test, I just told jurabib to do the same thing, whatever the
page test's result is.

Best regards

Andreas

Here's what I inserted (and what works):

%>>>>>BEGINNING OF INSERTION
\makeatletter
\renewcommand*{\jbdoitem}{%
\***@index\***@xdef\***@key{\***@key}%
\gdef\***@authorlist{}\fi
\***@no@bib\relax\else
\ifthenelse{\equal{\@nameuse{NOBIB@\***@key}}{suppress}}{}{%
\***@item\***@jbanchorstart{\***@key}\***@jbanchorend
\***@howcited
\@ifundefined{b@\***@key @C}{%
\renewcommand*{\bibhowcited}{%
\space\bibnotcited}%
\renewcommand*{\bibcommenthowcited}{%
\space\bibnotcited}%
\***@allow@***@art@period
\renewcommand*{\bibartperiodhowcited}{%
\space\bibnotcited}%
\fi
}{%
\***@detect@***@cite@commands
\***@handle@***@ed
\***@make@***@howcited
\let\OpCit\@empty
}%
\fi
\***@edef\***@tempcntc{\thebibnamereplace}%
\stepcounter{bibnamereplace}%
\label{jbib:\thebibnamereplace}%
\@tempcnta=\***@tempcntc
\advance\@tempcnta\@ne
\***@edef\***@tempcntd{\the\@tempcnta}%
\ifthenelse{\boolean{***@bibformat@ibidem}}{%
\ifthenelse{%
\equal{\***@simple@***@by@heiko{jbib:\***@tempcntc}}{%
\***@simple@***@by@heiko{jbib:\thebibnamereplace}}%
}{%
\***@debug SAME PAGE/\fi
\ifthenelse{\equal{\jb@@***@fullname}{\jb@@***@fullname}}{%
\***@debug SAME AUTHOR \fi
\ifthenelse{\equal{\jb@@fullname}{}}{}{%
\ifthenelse{%
\boolean{jbaltformat}%
}{%
\def\jb@@name{}%
}{%
\def\jb@@name{\bibauthormultiple}%
}%
}%
}{%
\***@debug AUTHOR DIFFERS \fi
\ifthenelse{\equal{\jb@@fullname}{}}{%
\def\jb@@name{}%
}{%
\def\jb@@name{\jb@@fullname\bibansep}%
}%
}%
}{%
\***@debug SAME PAGE/\fi
\ifthenelse{\equal{\jb@@***@fullname}{\jb@@***@fullname}}{%
\***@debug SAME AUTHOR \fi
\ifthenelse{\equal{\jb@@fullname}{}}{}{%
\ifthenelse{%
\boolean{jbaltformat}%
}{%
\def\jb@@name{}%
}{%
\def\jb@@name{\bibauthormultiple}%
}%
}%
}{%
\***@debug AUTHOR DIFFERS \fi
\ifthenelse{\equal{\jb@@fullname}{}}{%
\def\jb@@name{}%
}{%
\def\jb@@name{\jb@@fullname\bibansep}%
}%
}%
}%
}{% bibformat=ibidem false
\ifthenelse{\equal{\jb@@fullname}{}}{%
\def\jb@@name{}%
}{%
\def\jb@@name{\jb@@fullname\bibansep}%
}%
}%
\***@babel
\ifthenelse{\equal{\jb@@language}{\@empty}}{%
\expandafter\jbselectlanguage\expandafter{\***@main@language}%
}{%
\language=\csname l@\jb@@language\endcsname\relax%
}%
\***@check@***@start%
\fi
\ifjbaltformat\else
\***@numbered@bib
\renewcommand*{\bibleftcolumn}{.36\linewidth}%
\renewcommand*{\bibrightcolumn}{%
\textwidth-\bibleftcolumn-5mm-\jbnumberbibwidth}%
\begin{minipage}[t]{\jbnumberbibwidth}%
\stepcounter{jbbibcnta}\bibnumberformat{\thejbbibcnta}%
\end{minipage}%
\fi
\fi
\***@tabular
\begin{minipage}[t]{\bibleftcolumn}%
\renewcommand*{\bibansep}{}%
\bibleftcolumnadjust\mbox{}%
\jb@@name%

\end{minipage}\***@numbered@bib\hspace{5mm}\else\hspace{10mm}\fi%
\begin{minipage}[t]{\bibrightcolumn}%
\bibrightcolumnadjust%
\let\jblinebreak\@empty
\jb@@fulltitle%
\begingroup
\***@check@***@end%
\let\***@jblinkstart\@gobble
\let\***@jblinkend\relax
\***@bibarg@howcited%
\endgroup
\***@dot\unskip\unskip\unskip.\fi
\***@endnote%
\***@backref~\backref{\csname br@\***@key\endcsname}\fi
\end{minipage}%\medskip%
\else
\ifjbaltformat
\ifx\jb@@name\@empty\else\medskip\fi % add some vertical
space between different authors

\let\jblinebreak\@empty\setlength{\tabcolsep}{0pt}\mbox{}\noindent

\begin{tabular}{p{\***@biblaw@***@width}j{\***@biblaw@***@width}}

\ifx\jb@@name\@empty\else\multicolumn{2}{p{\columnwidth}}{\jb@@name}\\\fi
\***@biblaw@item & \jb@@fulltitle%
\begingroup
\***@check@***@end%
\let\***@jblinkstart\@gobble
\let\***@jblinkend\relax
\***@bibarg@howcited%
\endgroup
\***@dot\unskip\unskip\unskip.\fi
\***@endnote%
\***@backref
~\backref{\csname br@\***@key\endcsname}%
\fi
\end{tabular}
\else
\jb@@name\jb@@fulltitle%
\begingroup
\***@check@***@end%
\let\***@jblinkstart\@gobble
\let\***@jblinkend\relax
\***@bibarg@howcited%
\endgroup
\***@dot\unskip\unskip\unskip.\fi
\***@endnote%
\***@backref~\backref{\csname br@\***@key\endcsname}\fi
\fi
\fi
\gdef\***@endnote{}%
\***@index\***@index@bib\***@index@***@alias{\***@key}\fi\fi
\***@edef\jb@@***@fullname{\jb@@***@fullname}%
\***@edef\jb@@***@au@***@ed{\jb@@***@au@***@ed}%
}%
\fi
\***@filesw{\let\protect\noexpand\immediate\write\@auxout{%
\string\bibcite{\***@key}{\***@tempa}%
\***@no@bib\else
^^J\string\***@define@alias{\***@key}{\***@authorlist}%
\fi
\fi}}%
\fi
\ignorespaces
}%
\makeatother
%<<<<<END OF INSERTION

Tom de Bruin
2007-04-26 21:45:40 UTC
Post by Andreas Pattar
The description of your problem a few days ago seemed to me to be the
exact opposite to my problem. Didn't it disappear when you had several
(the manual says up to 4) latex-runs?
Um, my issues is that the first result on a new page does have "----" for the author's name,
but the second has the full name! But I just want "---" for everything, just like you.
Post by Andreas Pattar
I post you the insertion I made to my preamble anyway. The insertion has
to come in the preamble somewhere after
\usepackage[bibformat=ibidem]{jurabib}.
Darn, it doesn't work for me. I get an error, "undefined control sequence"... oh well. My
search continues.