book: revert "series" and "volume"
Alex Hamann
2006-11-30 08:38:10 UTC
Good morning,

I have got a couple of books which have been published in a series as
volume x. The standard output would give me: Author: Title, Volume,
Series, etc.
This is misleading as one could read the volume as refering to the
title (volume x of a book published in more than one volume). Is
there a way to change the order of appearance of the volume- and the
series-field?

TIA,

Alex

please avoid sending me word attachements; see
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for details
and background
Alex Hamann
2006-12-05 18:17:01 UTC
All right. I found some help somewhere else and got this far
\DeclareRobustCommand{\numberandseries}[2]{%
\unskip\unskip%,
\space\bibsnfont{(=~#2; }%
\ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{}}{)}{Bd.~#1)}%
}%

it will allow me to have the Series and the Number as an output in
braces after the bibliography entry. However, I would like it to work
with the "Volume"-field instead of the "Number"-Field as well. Any
clues?

Cheers,
Alex