author-year: get rid of comma?
javabaliflores
2007-02-01 21:44:35 UTC
Hi there,

I have been testing a lot within Jurabib but I just can't find out how
to manipulate (get rid of; replace with colon) the comma between year
and page in the author-year-system (using jureco). It looks like
author year, page
but should be:
author year:page
My guess is that I just don't know the internal name of that specific
function.

Below is a fully functional minimal example.

Does anybody have any hints?

Thanks in advance,
Christoph Bauer

\documentclass{scrartcl}
\usepackage[latin9]{inputenc}
\usepackage{ngerman}
%-------------Jurabib----------------
\usepackage[authorformat={allreversed,smallcaps,and,year},
annote=true,%
lookat=true,%
titleformat={commasep},% italic
round,%
see,%
bibformat=numbered,
commabeforerest=true%
]{jurabib}
\AddTo\bibsgerman{\renewcommand*{\urldatecomment}{aufgerufen am }}
\AddTo\bibsgerman{\def\inname{in:}}
\AddTo\bibsgerman{\def\incollinname{in:}}
\AddTo\bibsgerman{ \renewcommand*{\ibidemname}{ebd.}
\renewcommand*{\ibidemmidname}{ebd.}}
\AddTo\bibsgerman{\def\jbpagename{}\def\jbpagename{}}
\renewcommand*{\jbcitationyearformat}[1]{\unskip\,#1}
\renewcommand*{\jbhowsepbeforetitle}{: }
\renewcommand*{\bibfnfont}{\textmd}
\renewcommand*{\bibtfont}{\upshape}
\renewcommand*{\bibbtfont}{\upshape}
\renewcommand*{\bibjtfont}{\upshape}
\renewcommand*{\bibapifont}{\upshape}
\renewcommand*{\biblnfont}{\textbf}
\renewcommand*{\bibelnfont}{\textbf}
\renewcommand*{\bibefnfont}{\textmd}
\renewcommand*{\bibansep}{: }
\renewcommand*{\bibatsep}{.}
\renewcommand*{\bibbdsep}{,}
\renewcommand*{\bibjtsep}{In: }
\renewcommand*{\bibbtsep}{In: }
\renewcommand*{\bpubaddr}{:}
\renewcommand{\jbaensep}{.}
\renewcommand*{\biburlprefix}{-- }
\renewcommand*{\biburlsuffix}{}
\biburlfont{rm}
\renewcommand*{\bibpldelim}{()}
\renewcommand*{\bibprdelim}{)}
\renewcommand*{\jbannoteformat}[1]{\vspace{-1ex}\textit{#1}}

\begin{document}

Am Anfang \cite[3]{bible:0000} war das Wort.

\bibliographystyle{jureco}
\bibliography{bib}
\end{document}

%------------------------BIB:----------------------%
@Book{bible:0000,
author = {Yehova},
title = {Die Bibel},
year = {0000},
address = {Jerusalem}}

If you have a problem, please provide a complete minimal example document (with a small bibliography database), which runs out of he box without any superfluous packages loaded, otherwise we could not help.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com
mailto:jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com

jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Carsten Ziegert
2007-02-02 05:23:10 UTC
Try
\renewcommand*{\bibapyrdelim}{:}

apy: author/publisher/year
r: right

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegert
http://www.cmziegert.org

javabaliflores
2007-02-02 07:54:40 UTC
Thanks for the hint Carsten, that one goes right into my collection.

But it does not solve the problem - this function works only in the
bibliography, not in the text itself. The wanted way of citation (Eco
1993:13) is still not achieved.

Is there maybe somewhere a list of all the "hidden" (which are not
mentioned in Jens' documentation) features?

christoph

Carsten Ziegert
2007-02-02 08:17:09 UTC
Post by javabaliflores
Thanks for the hint Carsten, that one goes right into my collection.
But it does not solve the problem - this function works only in the
bibliography, not in the text itself. The wanted way of citation (Eco
1993:13) is still not achieved.
Is there maybe somewhere a list of all the "hidden" (which are not
mentioned in Jens' documentation) features?
grep DeclareRobustCommand `locate jurabib.sty`
will provide a nice list.
Post by javabaliflores
christoph

Jens Berger
2007-02-02 09:48:59 UTC
Post by javabaliflores
author year:page
Does anybody have any hints?
Does

\renewcommand*{\jbpagesep}{:}%

help?

Jens

javabaliflores
2007-02-02 10:24:41 UTC
Thanks Jens,

\renewcommand*{\jbpagesep}{:}

is working perfectly.

And Carsten's hint for grepping all (?) the Commands within
jurabib.sty sounds very promising, I already saved the results for
further examination. Thanks a lot, too.

Best regards,
Christoph Bauer
Post by Jens Berger
Post by javabaliflores
author year:page
Does anybody have any hints?
Does
\renewcommand*{\jbpagesep}{:}%
help?

Jens Berger
2007-02-02 10:39:23 UTC
Post by javabaliflores
And Carsten's hint for grepping all (?) the Commands within
jurabib.sty sounds very promising, I already saved the results for
further examination.
Yes, shame on me because of the bad or nonexistent comments of the
internal code.
jurabib has to be completely rewritten. But this could not be done by me.
As mentioned already on the homepage, I will freeze jurabib this year.

All the best,

Jens