jurabib ignores some options
mail.suse
2007-03-28 15:35:55 UTC
Hello!

I need to use the following in-text citation:

(vgl. Ferstl und Sinz 2001: 45)

connecting to

Ferstl, Otto K. und Sinz, Elmar J. 2001: Grundlagen der
Wirtschaftsinformatik. Band 1, 4. Auflage, R. Oldenbourg Verlag
München Wien.

whereas the author needs to be italic.

I'm using the following options:

\usepackage{jurabib}
\usepackage{ragged2e}
\jurabibsetup{bibformat={compress},round,oxford,commabeforerest,titleformat={italic}}
\renewcommand*{\jbpagesep}{:} % Doppelpunkt anstelle Komma vor
Seite (Zitat)
\renewcommand*{\jbcitationyearformat}[1]{#1} % Klammern weg um
Jahr (Zitat)
\renewcommand*{\bibansep}{:} % Doppelpunkt nach Autor (Zitat)
\renewcommand*{\bibpldelim}{} % Jahreszahl vorangestelltes
Zeichen (Lit.Verz.) -wird igno.
\renewcommand*{\bibprdelim}{} % Jahreszahl folgendes Zeichen
(Lit.Verz.) -wird igno.
\renewcommand*{\bibaldelim}{} % runde Klammern bei
\renewcommand*{\bibardelim}{} % Artikel-Erscheinungsjahr
\renewcommand*{\biblnfont}{\textit} %ln=Autornachname it = italic
\renewcommand*{\bibfnfont}{\textit} %fn=Vorname Autor
\renewcommand*{\bibelnfont}{\textit} %ln=Nachname Editor
\renewcommand*{\bibefnfont}{\textit} %fn=Vorname Editor

[...some more things...]

\section{Literaturverzeichnis}
\bibliographystyle{jureco}
\bibliography{xml-literatur}
\label{sec:references}

[end]

The problem is, right now, my citation looks like the following:

Ferstl, Otto K. und Sinz, Elmar J. (2001), Grundlagen der
Wirtschaftsinformatik. Band 1, 4. Auflage, R. Oldenbourg Verlag
München Wien.

...whereas the author is italic - as requested...

but still I need

1) the brackets around the year gone
2) have a colon after the year rather than a comma

Thanks for your help.

bye,
Stefan

PS: I'm going to ask several of those questions, it's for a number of
different people...no...professors :)

If you have a problem, please provide a complete minimal example document (with a small bibliography database), which runs out of he box without any superfluous packages loaded, otherwise we could not help.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com
mailto:jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com

jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Jens Berger
2007-03-29 04:28:14 UTC
Post by mail.suse
Hello!
Welcome to the list.

[...]
Post by mail.suse
but still I need
1) the brackets around the year gone
2) have a colon after the year rather than a comma
Thanks for your help.
1. Remove the oxford option, it is intended for use only with jox.bst.

2. \renewcommand*{\jbbibyearformat}[1]{#1}
3. \renewcommand*{\bibansep}{: }
^ add a space here

HTH,

Jens

mail.suse
2007-03-29 11:25:07 UTC
Post by Jens Berger
Post by mail.suse
Hello!
Welcome to the list.
Thank you. :)
Post by Jens Berger
Post by mail.suse
but still I need
1) the brackets around the year gone
2) have a colon after the year rather than a comma
Thanks for your help.
1. Remove the oxford option, it is intended for use only with
jox.bst.

The problem here is now the following:

In the text, I used the following command:

\cite[vgl.][S.~45]{Ferstl2001}

to get something like:

(vgl. Ferstl und Sinz 2001: S. 45)

now, this looks like:

(Ferstl und Sinz 2001/vgl.: S. 45)

Can we change this back?
Post by Jens Berger
2. \renewcommand*{\jbbibyearformat}[1]{#1}
3. \renewcommand*{\bibansep}{: }
^ add a space here
these two worked perfectly, thank you.
Post by Jens Berger
HTH,
Jens
Thanks again and have a nice day.

Bye,
Stefan

Jens Berger
2007-03-29 14:44:04 UTC
Post by mail.suse
(Ferstl und Sinz 2001/vgl.: S. 45)
Can we change this back?
Simply use option 'see'.

Jens

mail.suse
2007-03-29 22:06:15 UTC
Hello,

thanks again, that changed it..

...turns out, the title needs to be italic, too. I used the
titleformat=italic option, but the title stays non-italic. I have
just tried to disable every other options, so only titleformat=italic
was set...but that didn't change it a bit. What to do now?

Thanks and sorry for the stupid questions.

Stefan
Post by Jens Berger
Post by mail.suse
(Ferstl und Sinz 2001/vgl.: S. 45)
Can we change this back?
Simply use option 'see'.
Jens

mail.suse
2007-03-30 10:25:27 UTC
Good morning,

alright, I just got that solved. I'm not sure, if it's the best way
to do it, but at least it seems to produce italic title names. Here's
---my configuration---

\usepackage{jurabib}
\usepackage{ragged2e}
\jurabibsetup{bibformat={compress},round,commabeforerest,titleformat=colonsep,titleformat=italic,see,authorformat=and}
\renewcommand*{\jbpagesep}{:} % Doppelpunkt anstelle Komma vor Seite
(Zitat)
\renewcommand*{\jbcitationyearformat}[1]{#1} % Klammern weg um Jahr
(Zitat)
\renewcommand*{\jbbibyearformat}[1]{#1}
\renewcommand*{\bibansep}{: } % Doppelpunkt nach Autor (Zitat)
\renewcommand*{\bibpldelim}{} % Jahreszahl vorangestelltes Zeichen
(Lit.Verz.) -wird igno.
\renewcommand*{\bibprdelim}{} % Jahreszahl folgendes Zeichen
(Lit.Verz.) -wird igno.
\renewcommand*{\bibaldelim}{} % runde Klammern bei
\renewcommand*{\bibardelim}{} % Artikel-Erscheinungsjahr
\renewcommand*{\biblnfont}{\textbf} %ln=Autornachname it = italic =
kursiv
\renewcommand*{\bibfnfont}{\textbf} %fn=Vorname Autor
\renewcommand*{\bibelnfont}{\textbf} %ln=Nachname Editor
\renewcommand*{\bibefnfont}{\textbf} %fn=Vorname Editors

%\renewcommand*{\jbtitlefont}{\textit} %format Titel von Büchern etc
%\renewcommand*{\jbbtitlefont}{\textit} %format Titel von Büchern etc
\renewcommand*{\bibtfont}{\textit} %format Titel von Büchern etc
\renewcommand*{\bibbtfont}{\textit} %format Titel bei Sammelwerken
\renewcommand*{\bibjtfont}{\textit} %format Zeitschriftentitel
\renewcommand*{\bibapifont}{\textit} %format Titel von
unselbständigen Beiträgen

---/my configuration---

I'm not sure, which of the last 6 settings I actually need (the first
two of those six can be disabled...right now), but at least it seems
to solve my problem. If anybody knows a better way to get italic
title names, please answer to this post. It will be read gratefully.

Have a good one.

Stefan
Post by mail.suse
was set...but that didn't change it a bit. What to do now?
Thanks and sorry for the stupid questions.
Stefan
Post by Jens Berger
Post by mail.suse
(Ferstl und Sinz 2001/vgl.: S. 45)