crossref seems not to work for Inbook / Incollection
mail.suse
2007-04-18 13:32:15 UTC
Hallo again!

I have a book lying in front of me, that has been published by an
Author. Within this book, there are a number of articles that have
been created by someone else (like with Conference Proceedings, but
it is not a Conference...).
Now, I have set this book up as a book and those articles as INBOOK
as well as INCOllECTION. In this IN*-entry, a crossref has been given
to the book.

When now \cite{IN*-entry}, jurabib extracts some information (such as
the location and the publisher's organization), but not other needed
info. Currently, it gives me the article's author and the article's
title, but not the book's author and title.

How can I solve this? Basically it can be handled as if it was a
(IN-)Proceedings entry.

Here are my jurabib settings:

\usepackage{jurabib}
\usepackage{ragged2e}
\jurabibsetup{bibformat={compress},round,commabeforerest,titleformat=colonsep,see,authorformat=and}
\renewcommand*{\jbpagesep}{:} % Doppelpunkt anstelle Komma vor Seite
(Zitat)
\renewcommand*{\jbcitationyearformat}[1]{#1} % Klammern weg um Jahr
(Zitat)
\renewcommand*{\jbbibyearformat}[1]{#1}
\renewcommand*{\bibansep}{: } % Doppelpunkt nach Autor (Zitat)
\renewcommand*{\bibpldelim}{} % Jahreszahl vorangestelltes Zeichen
(Lit.Verz.) -wird igno.
\renewcommand*{\bibprdelim}{} % Jahreszahl folgendes Zeichen
(Lit.Verz.) -wird igno.
\renewcommand*{\bibaldelim}{} % runde Klammern bei
\renewcommand*{\bibardelim}{} % Artikel-Erscheinungsjahr
\renewcommand*{\biblnfont}{\textit} %ln=Autornachname it = italic =
kursiv
\renewcommand*{\bibfnfont}{\textit} %fn=Vorname Autor
\renewcommand*{\bibelnfont}{\textit} %ln=Nachname Editor
\renewcommand*{\bibefnfont}{\textit} %fn=Vorname Editors

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Stefan Schilling, Germany

If you have a problem, please provide a complete minimal example document (with a small bibliography database), which runs out of he box without any superfluous packages loaded, otherwise we could not help.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com
mailto:jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com

jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Andreas Wagner
2007-04-19 08:29:47 UTC
Hello Stefan, hello list,
I have a book lying in front of me, that has been published by an Author. Within this book, there are a number of
articles that have been created by someone else (like with Conference Proceedings, but it is not a Conference...).
Now, I have set this book up as a book and those articles as INBOOK as well as INCOllECTION. In this IN*-entry, a
crossref has been given to the book.
When now \cite{IN*-entry}, jurabib extracts some information (such as the location and the publisher's
organization), but not other needed info. Currently, it gives me the article's author and the article's title, but
not the book's author and title.
I am using a lot of INCOLLECTION entries myself, and I am wondering if it has to do more with your bib-file than with
your jurabib-settings. E.g. I think the book you're talking about probably has an editor, not an author (since the
book contains texts by different authors). I suppose there can be only one 'author' and 'title', namely the one from
the actual text you're referring to. The crossref would provide 'booktitle' and 'editor' fields I imagine. At one
point I had found an information about what he differerence between INCOLLECTION and INBOOK (and others?) is, but I
don't remember where. Have you googled for it? Also, AFAIU, it is important to have a 'booktitle' field supplied along
with the book entry.

here's a snippet of my bibfile, see if it's any use to you:

-------

@INCOLLECTION{Lefort50a,
author = {Claude Lefort},
gender = {sm},
title = {\frqq{}Le t{\'{e}}moignage d'Anton Ciliga\flqq{}},
shorttitle = {Ciliga},
pages = {145--154},
crossref = {Lefort71},
otherinfo = {[1950]}
}

@INCOLLECTION{NancyLacoueLabarthe81a,
author = {Philippe Lacoue-Labarthe and Jean-Luc Nancy},
gender = {pm},
title = {\frqq{}Ouverture\flqq{}},
shorttitle = {Ouverture},
crossref = {NancyLacoueLabarthe81},
pages = {11--28},
otherinfo = {1980-12-08}
}

@BOOK{Lefort71,
author = {Claude Lefort},
gender = {sm},
title = {{\'{E}}l{\'{e}}ments d'une critique de la bureaucratie},
booktitle = {{\'{E}}l{\'{e}}ments d'une critique de la bureaucratie},
shorttitle = {{\'{E}}l{\'{e}}ments \dots},
address = {Paris},
publisher = {Gallimard},
edition = {2},
year = {1979},
otherinfo = {Die Erstauflage von 1971 (bei Droz, Genf) wurde um ein Vorwort und ein Kapitel erweitert}
}

@BOOK{NancyLacoueLabarthe81,
editor = {Philippe Lacoue-Labarthe and Jean-Luc Nancy},
gender = {pm},
title = {Rejouer le politique. travaux du centre de recherches philosophiques sur le politique},
booktitle = {Rejouer le politique. travaux du centre de recherches philosophiques sur le politique},
address = {Paris},
publisher = {Galil{\'{e}}e},
year = {1981},
otherinfo = {}
}

--------

Hope this helps, CU
Andreas
--
These opinions are mine, not those of the University of
Frankfurt. It is the opinion of the University that I should