jurabib: adapting the bibliography
David Krebs
2008-01-16 23:40:45 UTC
Dear group

I'm looking for a solution to the following problem:

I've added the special field 'shorttitle' to all of my entries in my bib-file.
I'm using it as shorttitle in references and would like it to appear in the
bibliography, as well.

An example (I'm using the bibstyle 'jurabib'):

@book{andre-1956,
Address = {Paris},
Author = {Jacques Andr{\'e}},
Shorttitle = {Andr{\'e} 1956},
Title = {Lexique des termes de botanique en latin},
Year = {1956}}

The following bibliography entry is generated:
Jacques André, Lexique des termes de botanique en latin, Paris 1956.

This is fine so far, but I'd like to put the shorttitle I defined right in front
of it:
André 1956 --- Jacques André, Lexique des termes de botanique en latin, Paris
1956.

I suppose the 'jurabib.bst'-file has to be modified...

Can anybody give me some advice?

Yours, David

If you have a problem, please provide a complete minimal example document (with a small bibliography database), which runs out of he box without any superfluous packages loaded, otherwise we could not help.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com
mailto:jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com

jurabib-***@yahoogroups.com

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Charles de Miramon
2008-01-17 10:31:47 UTC
Post by David Krebs
This is fine so far, but I'd like to put the shorttitle I defined right in
André 1956 --- Jacques André, Lexique des termes de botanique en latin,
Paris 1956.
Look Howcited in the documenntation to have Jacques André, Lexique des
termes de botanique en latinn Paris 1956 (cited as André 1956)

If you want to put the Howcited information at the start of the bibitem, you
will have to hack the jurabib.bst file and that is not trivial.

Cheers,
Charles
--
http://www.kde-france.org