Change the format.artperiodincoll.title
Katrin Althans
2007-03-23 09:39:37 UTC
Hi!

I have the problem of "hardcoding" a comma in \jbapifont and a period
in \bibapifont in order to get the following results: Author "Title,"
Journal etc. and Author "Title." Journal etc., respectively. Now the
problem is, there are some titles which already have a punctuation
mark, like a question mark. This leads to the following result: Author
"Title?," Journal etc., which is perfectly consistent with what I
coded, but somehow non-satisfying.

I then decided to have an additional entry-type in my .bib-file called
"sign" for any other puncuation mark, looking like sign = {?}, which I
wanted to include in my format.artperiodincoll.title. But if I write

FUNCTION {format.artperiodincoll.title}
{ title empty$
{ "" }
{ sign emtpy$
{ "\bibapifont {" title check.punct.instead.of.add.period *
crossref missing$
{ format.titleaddon * }
'skip$
if$
}
if$
}
{ something to get "title and sign in quotation marks"}
if$
}

I don't get any titles at all for some entries in the bibliography. I
guess I forget some if$ or } or something else. Maybe someone can help
me out?

Thank you for your help, Katrin

PS: I haven't tried to change format.btitle.vol yet, that will be the
next step.

If you have a problem, please provide a complete minimal example document (with a small bibliography database), which runs out of he box without any superfluous packages loaded, otherwise we could not help.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: